How to eat out and not feel guilty… here’s 5 simple steps
- Where you can keep tracking
- Sometimes it can really be that easy. If the food you’re going to eat is easily trackable, do it.
- Make room in your calories –
- If you know you’re heading out for a meal or social occasion, allow yourself some extra calories by slightly reducing your other meals.
- Although ideally, we want to spread our energy consumption evenly, our overall goal is to hit the allocated numbers by the end of the day.
- Choose wisely
- Where you can make the healthier choice. If you have been tracking for a while you will have a better understanding for what has more nutritional value on the menu and might fit your numbers better.
But there are a couple things to remember
- If you do have a big day, don’t say ‘I’ll just start again next week’, just get back on it and keep those good habits going.
- Remember, we are playing the long game here. So, don’t stress and enjoy the occasion. Eating out is about enjoying the company of good people and being with our loved ones.